Monday, March 22, 2010

A realization...

Today I looked at a picture of a girl I used to go to high with
She was the same age as me, and her name was rachel, she was a good person, and all she wanted was to be accepted.

But not many people did.... why? Because she was in wheel chair, because she was handicap.

Now I was never on the side that made fun of her, but I was one to quietly snicker when a joke was made about her. I was nice to her, but it was really out of pity. I look back at how she was treated now, and the things that she has went through and I just feel terrible...

I mean just imagine, what if that was you? What if you were the one constantly picked on since you began kinergarden? what if you were the one that never had a boyfriend or even a kiss?
What if you were the one incapable of even writing your own name? What if you were the one that cant even walk? What if you were the one who needed help just to go to the bathroom? How would you fell if you had damn near everyone in your school throughout all grades mocked you and tease you openly to your face? How would you feel if even when you beared your soul infront of the entire school they laughed at the way you talked.

When I look back on it now.... I dont think I could have made it through alive.

I've had my fair share of getting harassed and made fun of but NOTHING like that girl did.
And just because she was born a little different from the 'norm'. I mean all I had to do was dress differently, but this was something she had no control over.

And when I look back on it, it makes me want to cry for her....

i think about all the tears she has cried over the years and I wonder, 'How can anyone laugh at true hurt like that?' How could anyone cast a shadow of loneliness on her? She was one of the sweetest people you could know, but no one wanted to give her the time of day....

but thats just the world we live in today I guess....


2 comments:

  1. this blog means alot to me because something like this happened to me i wasnt on anyones side but did laugh at certain jokes. and did feel like shit. but this shows you grew up whereas some of the others may have not grew up. i liked this you should repost this on facebook also i liked this

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kids really can be cruel. I recall back in high school when a lot of people including myself, talked about this one girl just because she was... well she wasn't the best looking person. It was really immature but as people grow older they start to see the error of their ways and learn from their mistakes.

    ReplyDelete